A flagship local smartphone for the PH?
Micromax has officially unveiled their new smartphone, the Yu Yutopia, in India. This particular device boasts a magnesium and aluminum alloy unibody, 5.2-inch Gorilla Glass 4 protection and a QHD resolution which gives the device a pixel density of 565ppi.
Micromax Yu Yutopia specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch QHD display, Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 32GB of internal storage, exandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 21-megapixel rear camera with Sony ExmorRS IMX230, phase detection AF, OIS
- 8-megapixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, 86-degree wide angle lens
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner, Quick Charge 2.0
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 3,000mAh battery
Internally, the Yu Yutopia is pretty impressive, as it uses a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor, 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. There’s a microSD expansion slot for additional storage space up to 128GB. The rear camera is a 21-megapixel deal and uses Sony’s Exmor RS IMX230 sensor, and has phase detection AF as well as OIS for shake-free video. There’s also a fingerprint scanner on the back of the Yu Yutopia.
What’s even more amazing about the Yu Yutopia is its price – at $376 or Php 17.7K, it’s one of the most affordable Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 equipped phones in the market today. Since Micromax uses ODMs to push out their own products, maybe a local brand will be kind enough to bring this product here under their own brand?