The new modular phone drops next week
Last week we were in Bangkok, Thailand for the regional launch of Motorola’s Moto Z2 Play. By next week, Motorola’s newest smartphone will soon be launched in the Philippines. The company has just sent out invites for the official Philippine launch of the device, which is scheduled for July 19.
Motorola Moto Z2 Play
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 506 graphics unit
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB/64GB expandable storage, via microSD
- 12-megapixel rear camera, f/1.7, Dual Pixel, with PDAF, 4K video
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.2, wide-angle, with dual-LED flash
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, Moto Mods
- 3000mAh battery
- Android OS
The Motorola Z2 Play is the company’s latest mid-range flagship phone, and is designed around the idea of removable Moto Mods, accessories that can be removed and inserted in seconds that give the phone additional functionality just like the devices last year. We’ve been using the phone as our primary device for a fair bit since then, and while we can’t share our full review of the phone as of yet, you can check out our impressions of the device here, see its potential in taking snaps here, and watch our hands-on video below.
No price has been set for the Moto Z2 Play as of yet – we’ll let you guys know as soon as we get word.