Motorola is kicking off its next-generation Moto G-series phones with the budget mid-range Moto G9. Making this phone stand out is its processor: the Moto G9 is the first to use a Snapdragon 662 processor. Announced last January together with the Snapdragon 720G and Snapdragon 460, the Snapdragon 662 is an 11nm processor that has similarities with the Snapdragon 665 but runs at a lower clock speed at 2Ghz and uses a lower-end Snapdragon X11 modem. The snapdragon 662 is superior over the Snapdragon 665 with its Spectra 340T that supports up to 48-megapixel photos and 1080P60 video recording.
Going through the Moto G9’s specs, you get a 6.5-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop notch for the 8-megapixel selfie snapper, triple rear cameras (48-megapixel main snapper and a pair of 2-megapixel sensors), and a 5000mAh battery with 20w USB-C charging.
Motorola Moto G9 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 21:9 aspect ratio
- 64GB expandable storage
- Triple rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.7 main camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; 2-megapixel f/2.4 macro camera; with PDAF, dual-tone LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.2 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint reader, USB-C
- 5000mAh battery with 20W charging
- Android 10
The Moto G9 is priced at INR 11.499(~Php 7.6k) and will be available in India on August 31.