If you’ve been looking for reasons to pick up Motorola’s excellent Moto Z flagship for the holidays, we have another reason why you should do exactly that – the Lenovo subsidiary has officially announced that they’re now rolling out the Android Nougat to the device. Yup, Android 7.0 will soon be arriving onto the Moto Z, just in time for the holidays.
Motorola Moto Z specs:
- Quad-core Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 5.5-inch AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, 2560 x 1440 resolution
- 64GB of expandable storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/1.8 aperture lens with laser AF, OIS, dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera with flash, f/2.2 aperture lens
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, USB Type-C
- 2600mAh battery
- Android 6 Marshmallow, upgrade to Android 7 Nougat
Aside from getting all the new features that the new version of the operating system brings, the Nougat update will also make the Moto Z compatible with Google’s new Daydream VR platform. The Moto Z (along with the Moto Z Force that also gets the Nougat update) will be the first non-Google made phone to be recognized by Google as Daydream-ready devices.
The Moto Z managed to impress us with its design and flawless execution of the modular accessory system dubbed Moto Mods, that you could put on and take off in less than two seconds. We’ve laid out our thoughts on the Moto Z here (tldr; it’s an awesome flagship) if you’re interested in picking one up. Just make sure you grab the Incipio battery mod with it.