The Chinese company is still outing slates
Aside from Apple and Samsung, Huawei is one of the few companies still stubbornly releasing tablets in the market. Today Huawei announced the latest iteration of their MediaPad M5 tablet, sporting high-resolution displays as well as audio in two screen sizes: 10.8 and 8.4.
Both variations of the tablet will have high-resolution displays (2560 x 1600), which translates to better PPI than the competition, in this case, Apple’s iPads. In addition, the MediaPad M5 series has 2.5D glass, making it the first tablet to do so. New enhancement tech specifically Huawei’s ClariVu guarantees 20% of an improvement for picture quality.
For audio, the 8.4-inch MediaPad M5 has two speakers, while the 10.8-inch models have four speakers. Both variants have speakers tuned by Harman Kardon, and has features such as support for Hi-Res Audio and Huawei’s Histen 3D stereo sound tech.
The third variant, the 10.8-inch MediaPad Pro, comes with Huawei’s M-Pen. The pen features 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity for seamless note-taking.
Here’s a quick rundown of the MediaPad M5’s spec sheet:
- Kirin 960 processor
- 8.4-inch / 10.8-inch 2K display with ClariVu 5.0, 2.5D glass
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage
- WiFi, LTE (select models)
- Dual speakers(8.4-inch) / Quad speakers (10.8-inch) with Hi-Res Audio, Huawei Histen stereo sound
- 13-megapixel rear camera with autofocus
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 5100mAh (8.4-inch) / 7500mAh (10.8-inch) battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0
All MediaPad M5 tablets are available in Space Gray and Champagne Gold. Price starts at 349 Euro(~Php 22.3k) for the WiFi-only 8.4-inch MediaPad M5.