What does that rogue smartphone manufacturer, Nextbit have to do with gaming company Razer? Well, the latter just bought the former, for starters. Yup, Nextbit, the people behind the cloud-focused Robin smartphone, has announced they have been acquired by Razer, a company that’s known for their gaming peripherals and crazy, triple-screened notebooks.
Nextbit Robin specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch IPS full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of offline storage, 100GB of online storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with phase AF, dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Quick-charging, Fingerprint Sensor
- Android Lollipop/Marshmallow (depending on release date)
- 2680mAh battery
— Nextbit (@nextbitsys) January 30, 2017
Despite being acquired by a gaming-focused company, Nextbit has said that they’ll be operating independently moving forward. With Razer’s help, the company now has more funds to pursue crazy, out-of-the-box ideas that propelled them to fame in the first place. Heck, maybe we’ll see a Razer-branded smartphone from them in the near future? We can only hope.