The flexible storage smartphone is now on sale
Last year we told you about the Nextbit Robin, a smartphone that leverages cloud computing technology to expand its 32GB of offline storage to 132GB thanks to the cloud. Now the phone was initially offered as in Kickstarter, but now you can buy the beautiful, unconventional phone unlocked if you wished.
Nextbit Robin specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch IPS full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of offline storage, 100GB of online storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with phase AF, dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Quick-charging, Fingerprint Sensor
- Android Lollipop/Marshmallow (depending on release date)
- 2680mAh battery
That is if you’re willing to put up with the typical importing issues through customs obviously. But that may not dissuade some, as the phone is unique enough and its online storage system intriguing enough to risk a purchase. And at the price of $399 or Php 19K, it’s a pretty good deal – just make sure you pick the right shipper to send it to the PH if you do decide to pull the trigger, mkay?