Nubia updates its Red Magic 5G Gaming phone with a refreshed model. Called the Red Magic 5S, the biggest upgrade here is the cooling system. Instead of a conventional copper heat pipe, Nubia used a silver-plated vapor chamber called ICE Ag, which they claim delivers better cooling when paired with the internal fan.
While it still uses a Snapdragon 865 processor and has the same 144hz display, the Red Magic 5S comes with a newer UFS 3.1 storage and higher 320Hz touch rate for its capacitive touch triggers.
Nubia Red Magic 5S specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor
- 8GB/12GB/16GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 6.65-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 144hz refresh rate, 240hz touch response rate
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Triple rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.7 Sony IMX 686 main camera; 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor; PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- 3G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Internal cooling fan and liquid cooling
- USB Type-C, fingerprint sensor, RGB lighting, Stereo Speakers, DTS:X, Shoulder triggers
- 4500mAh battery with 55w quick charging
- Android 10 with Red Magic OS
Pricing of the Red Magic 5S is the same with the Red Magic 5G: CNY 3799(~Php 27.7k) for the 8GB/128GB model CNY 4399(~Php 32.1k) for the 12GB/256GB model, and CNY 4999 (~Php 36.5k) for the 16GB/256GB model. It will go on sale in China on August 1 and globally in September.