Yes, you read the headline right: OPPO is serious about expanding its ecosystem offerings beyond smartphones, smartwatches, and TWS earbuds. For the first time, the brand is taking its shot in the Smart TV space with the S1 and R1.
The S1 is the higher-end model and has a bevy of features like:
- A 65-inch QLED panel with 4K resolution, 120% NTSC gamut, 1500 nits max brightness, and 120Hz refresh rate with MEMC.
- 18 speakers tuned by DynaAudio that deliver a total of 85w sound output, along with 5.1.2 channel surround sound
- A pop-up camera for video calls, and Breeno Voice Assistant
- A MediaTek MT9950 processor 8.5GB RAM and 128GB storage, and a customized version ColorOS out of the box.
The R1 is more affordable but offers a good set of features. Available in either 55-inch or 65-inch models, you get:
- A 4K LCD panel with LED backlight, 93% DCI-P3 color gamut, and MEMC.
- A MediaTek MTK9652 processor that is paired with 2GB RAM and 32GB internal storage (and a customized version of ColorOS).
- 20w speakers with Dolby Audio.
- A pop-up camera for video calls.
The S1 is priced at CNY 7,999(~Php 58.2k) while the R1 is priced at CNY 3,299(~Php 24k) for the 55-inch model and CNY 4,299(~Php 31.3k) for the 65-inch model. There’s no word yet if OPPO plans to make them available outside of China.