Smartphone enthusiast blog AndroidPure managed to snag a document containing the alleged specifications of OPPO’s upcoming F3 Plus dual-selfie handset. Let’s jump under the hood and see if the F3 Plus is capable of overthrowing Vivo’s V5 Plus, which also features two front snappers.
OPPO F3 Plus (Rumored Specs)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 6.0-inch FHD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 64GB expandable storage, up to 256GB via microSD
- 16-megapixel rear camera
- Dual front cameras, 16-megapixel main sensor, 8-megapixel secondary sensor
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- 4000mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (ColorOS 3.0)
A quick glance at the F3 Plus and Vivo V5 Plus spec sheets shows the F3 Plus pulling ahead with generally better core internals, though at a larger, somewhat unwieldy 6-inch form factor. What remains to be seen are the specifics on the F3 Plus’s cameras, on whether they’re up to snuff against Vivo’s setup, as well as OPPO’s pricing for the new handset series.
The OPPO F3 Plus and its smaller sibling, the F3, are expected to be unveiled on March 23, as press invites have already been sent. No word yet on pricing or availability as of this moment.