It’s finally official
While we’re all eagerly awaiting for OPPO to launch the F3 Plus in the Philippines, the Chinese company has officially launched their dual-camera smartphone in India earlier today. More and more companies are going the way of the dual-camera, though for OPPO, their implementation of the dual-camera concept is quite different. Instead of putting two cameras on the rear, they’ve put two cameras on the front for better selfies. It’s not a surprising move – OPPO’s F series of devices have long been heavily marketed to the selfie crowd, and the F3 Plus is simply the evolution of their selfie obsession.
OPPO F3 Plus Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 6-inch Full HD IPS Display, 1920×1080 resolution, 361ppi
- 64GB of Expandable Storage
- 16-megapixel rear camera, PDAF, f/1.7 aperture, LED flash
- 16-megapixel main front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- 8-megapixel secondary front camera 120-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM (Hybrid Tray)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint Scanner
- 4000mAh battery with VOOC Flash Charge
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ColorOS v.3
The dual-front facing camera isn’t unique to OPPO. Chinese compatriot/rival Vivo also has a front-facing, dual camera setup, as does Lenovo. But OPPO’s implementation is quite different – instead of using that secondary 8-megapixel front camera to capture depth information and create artificial bokehs, OPPO has decided instead to use it as a secondary, wide-angle camera. It’s a slight twist on LG’s G5 concept, applied to selfies.
The reset of the phone looks pretty solid as well, sporting a unibody aluminum design, Snapdragon 653 octa-core processor, 64GB of expandable storage, 6-inch full HD display and a 16-megapixel f/1.7 rear Sony IMX398 camera.