Still as thin as before, now with more RAM and storage
OPPO’s ultra-thin R5 managed to win our admiration when we reviewed it a few months ago (Snapdragon 615 heat issues notwithstanding), so it’s only fitting that the company issues a better, slightly updated model of their anorexic phone, dubbed the R5s.
Oppo R5 specs:
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8939 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch full HD AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32GB of internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with AF, F2.0 lens
- 5-megapixel front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- 3G, LTE
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Color OS
- 2000mAh battery with VOOC fast charging technology
The R5s keeps the ultra-thin design of the original, but adds more RAM and storage to the slick and sexy device – 3GB and 32GB respectively, making the R5s even more desirable than its predecessor. Unfortunately, the new model also retains the low, 2000mAh battery of its older sibling, which may be problematic for people looking for a phone that lasts all day.
Interestingly, OPPO Europe lists the R5s as having a price of 199 Euros, which translates to around 10.5K – a lot cheaper than the listed Php 21,990 of the 2GB/16GB model in the PH.