OPPO’s Sapphire backed phone gets priced in the PH
OPPO’s R1C, that beautiful, sapphire toting phone that was first announced back in January has finally made its way into the PH. OPPO Philippines is selling this 5-inch smartphone for Php 15,990 locally.
Oppo R1C specs
- 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor (quad-core 1.7GHz Cortex-A53 and quad-core 1.0GHz Cortex-A53)
- 2GB of RAM
- 5-inch LTPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 resolution
- 16GB of sorage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel camera with Sony IMX214 lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, USB OTG
- 2420mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat
The R1C is part of OPPO’s R series of devices that put looks above everything else, though the R1x isn’t a weakling – it uses Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor to do all the heavy lifting, paired with 2GB of RAM and 16 GB of expandable storage. It’s the same hardware that we saw on OPPO’s R5. While the Snapdragon 615 had thermal issues when we reviewed the R5, we’re hoping that the thicker R1x (6.85mm versus 4.85mm of the R5) dimensions would enough to dissipate the heat produced by the processor efficiently.
Obviously OPPO is hoping that the sapphire equipped back panel that sport chameleon-like properties when hit by light would be the major draw for the device, though at the Php 15,990 it’ll be heading against stiff competition from the likes of Taiwanese company ASUS’ Zenfone 2.