Industry insider @OnLeaks (Steve Hemmerstoffer) has just published new renders of OPPO’s upcoming 5.5-inch midrange phablet, the R9s. OPPO has already put up an early pre-order page (in Chinese) for interested customers, but the site lacks details on the handset’s specs and pricing.
Again, we’ll have to rely on the usual rumors and leaks for the specifications. Here’s what we’ve got so far.
OPPO R9s (Rumored Specs)
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- Adreno 506 graphics processor
- 4GB RAM
- 5.5-inch FHD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel rear camera, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7, Dual Pixel AF
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 3010mAh battery, Super VOOC Rapid Charge
Given the SoC, the R9s is definitely a midrange phablet with great RAM and storage features, sharing a lot of similarities with the recently released ASUS Zenfone 3. The 16MP Sony IMX398 camera is no slouch either, and it even has Dual Pixel Auto Focus technology. We first saw the DPAF tech in action with spectacular results in Samsung’s Galaxy S7 flagship.
The OPPO R9s is expected to debut this October 19, at a scheduled launch event. It will be interesting to see how OPPO will price this new handset considering its current competitors in play right now.