Motorola isn’t just coming back to the Philippines with their flagship phone, as their official PH Facebook page also teased at the arrival of their mid-range MOTO G 5G Plus. Aside from the obvious 5G capabilities of this mid-ranger, the phone also sports two selfie-cameras, with one being the wide-angle variety. That particular feature should come in handy for socially-distanced selfies during the time of COVID-19, though the phone has other tricks up its sleeve as well.
- 5G connectivity – One of the key specs of this phone is its Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 octa-core processor that is integrated with an X52 5G modem. We’re seeing this processor more and more in mid-range phones that have 5G capabilities like the OnePlus Nord, so we’re not surprised at to find this on the Moto G 5G Plus/
- 48-MP main camera and wide-angled front cameras – Another key spec of this phone is its two hole-punch front-facing cameras: One 16-megapixel main camera and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera. This lets you capture wide landscape photos or better groufies on your front cameras. Given the current pandemic, it makes the phone ideal for socially-distanced photos. There’s a quad rear-camera module on the back, composed of a 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel macro camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; with Phase Detection Auto Focus and dual-tone LED flash
- Big battery and storage options – The phone’s 5000mAh battery makes it ideal for taking a lot of photos. Like most of Motorola’s mid-range phones, this comes with a TurboPower fast-charging feature that charges via a 20W USB-C cable. The Moto G 5G is expected to have to versions: a model with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage, and another version with 6GB RAM and 128GB of storage.
- Standard displays – The Moto G 5G sports a 6.7-inch Full HD+ display with a 90hz refresh rate with a splash-resistant body. In addition, it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner for security and accessibility.
- Connectivity – The phone runs on Android 10 with MyUX has the most typical connectivity features such as WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and A-GPS. It can Dual SIMs that are 3G, LTE, and 5G-ready
Motorola Philippines has yet to release its official price but based on its European prices, it may cost roughly Php 19.6k for the 4GB/64GB model and Php 22.4k for the 6GB/128GB.