A Slim and Sexy Beast
Razer has unveiled the newest member of their gaming notebook line, the Razer Blade Pro. As expected from the lifestyle gaming brand plus the “Pro” in its name, its spec sheet is something to behold. The 17.3-inch gaming notebook has been designed to be able to give an experience close to that of a gaming desktop setup without sacrificing portability and happens to be the thinnest gaming laptop that’s equipped with an NVIDIA GTX 1080. To go along with that beastly GPU is the latest Intel Core i7 processor, 32GB of RAM, and up to 2TB of PCI M.2 SSD storage. Here’s its spec sheet in its entirety.
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 (8GB GDDR5X VRAM)
- Intel® Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core Processor (2.6 GHz / 3.5 GHz)
- 17.3-inch IGZO UHD G-SYNC, 16:9 ratio, 3840 x 2160, with LED backlight, with capacitive multi-touch
- Windows® 10 64-bit
- 512 GB SSD RAID 0 (2x 256 GB PCIe M.2) / 1 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 512 GB PCIe M.2) / 2 TB SSD RAID 0 (2x 1 TB PCIe M.2) options
- 32 GB Dual-Channel System Memory (DDR4, 2133 MHz)
Anti-ghosting individually backlit ultra-low-profile mechanical keyboard
- Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)
- Killer™ E2400 (Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000)
- Thunderbolt™ 3 (USB-C™)
- USB 3.0 port x3 (SuperSpeed)
- HDMI 2.0 video and audio output
- SDXC card reader
- Built-in stereo speakers
Dolby® Digital Plus Home Theater Edition
- 7.1 Codec support (via HDMI)
- 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo port
- Built-in webcam (2.0 MP)
- Array microphone
- Razer Synapse enabled with programmable keyboard, trackpad, backlighting, and fan control
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0) security chip embedded
- Kensington™ security slot
- Compact 250 W power adapter
- Built-in 99 Wh rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery
- Approx. Size: 0.88 in. / 22.5 mm (Height) x 16.7 in. / 424 mm (Width) x 11 in. / 281 mm (Depth)
- Approx. Weight: 7.80 lbs. / 3.54 kg
Housing all that hardware is the iconic form factor that the Razer Blade is known for. We mentioned above that it is the thinnest laptop with a NVIDIA GTX 1080 on board and its unibody CNC aluminum bod is 22.4mm thin and weighs in at 3.6kg.
With a body that slim, one has to worry about its cooling system to make sure that its internals don’t fry. For that Razer has built a new thermal system that includes the thinnest vapor cooling chamber to help spread and dissipate heat quickly, evenly, and more efficiently when paired with the Razer Blade Pro’s custom fans and dynamic heat exchanger.
Equally impressive is the 17.3-inch 4K IZGO monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology and 100% Adobe RGB color accuracy. It also has Razer’s ultra-low profile mechanical switches that mimics full-sized mechanical keyboards, which is powered by Razer Chroma along with its trackpad.
The price for the Razer Blade Pro starts at $3699 or Pho 178,549.