A Realme X50 Pro with better cooling
In its product launch in China, Realme announced a more affordable version of the X50 Pro with the X50 Pro Player Edition. While it has the same key internals–Snapdragon 865, up to 12GB RAM, 128GB UFS 3.0 storage, and 90hz AMOLED display, the X50 Pro Player Edition comes with HyperBoost 3.0 for improved management of resources (memory, chipset, and battery power) for a better gaming experience. In addition, graphite sheets are added in between the back panel and battery for improved heat dissipation.
While it has the same price as the X50 Pro, the X50 Pro Player Edition gets downgraded cameras: 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel for the front cameras, 48-megapixel main snapper instead of a 64-megapixel one, and a macro camera instead of a dedicated telephoto camera.
Realme X50 Pro Player Edition Specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 6.44-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, 90hz refresh rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, HDR10+, 180hz touch response rate
- 128GB of UFS 3.0 storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; 2-megapixel f/2.4 monochrome portrait camera; Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash
- Dual front cameras: 16-megapixel f/2.0 main camera; 2-megapixel depth sensor, with slo-mo selfie, selfie bokeh, video stabilization
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, LTE-A, dual-mode 5G
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS, WiFi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Dolby Atmos, stereo speakers vapor chamber cooling
- 4200mAh battery with 65W SuperDart Wired Charging
- Android 10 with Realme UI
The Realme X50 Pro Player Edition is priced at CNY 2699(~Php 19.3k) for the 6GB/128GB model, CNY 2999(~Php 21.4k) for the 8GB/128GB model, and CNY 3199(~Php 22.8k) for the 12GB/128GB model. All three models will go on sale on June 1.