The Redmi K30 has a fierce rival
Realme kicks off 2020 with the X50—the brand’s first 5G phone. Aimed to go against the Redmi K30 5G, Realme’s offering has the same processor, RAM/storage configuration, battery, and display as the Redmi K30 5G, though the Realme X50 has a slight edge with the cameras: for the pill-shaped cutout, the Realme X50 has an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera accompanying the 32-megapixel Samsung GD1 main selfie camera.
Going to the back, the Realme X50 has a more versatile setup, swapping the Redmi K30 5G’s macro camera for a 13-megapixel telephoto camera with 5x hybrid zoom (which translates to 2x optical zoom).
Realme X50 5G specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 6GB/8GB/12GB RAM
- 6.57-inch Full HD+ IPS display, 120hz refresh rate
- 128GB/256GB of expandable storage
- Quadruple rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.8 Samsung GW1 main camera with EIS; 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera with EIS; 2-megapixel depth sensor; 12-megapixel telephoto camera with 5x hybrid zoom; Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection, and AI portrait
- Dual front cameras: 16-megapixel f/2.0 main camera with AI Portrait, AI Beauty, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A, 5G
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Side-mounted Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Dolby Atmos
- 4200mAh battery with 30W Wired Charging
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7
The Realme X50 is priced at CNY 2499(~Php 18.2k) for the 8GB/128GB model, CNY 2699(~Php 20.4k) for the 8GB/256GB model, and CNY 2999(~Php 22k) and will be available in China starting January 14. That makes it slightly more expensive than the Redmi K30 5G, though you get a more versatile set of snappers.