A possible wider release?
A month after Xiaomi unveiled the Redmi Note 8 series in China, the brand has made the Redmi Note Pro official in Spain, making it the first 64-megapixel phone available in the old continent. Unlike the China version, the European Redmi Note 8 Pro will only come in a 6GB RAM configuration and either 64GB/128GB storage.
As for pricing, the 6GB/64GB variant is priced at 249 Euro (Php 14.3k), while the 6GB/128GB variant comes with a 269 Euro (~Php 15.5k) price tag. European pricing is usually higher than Asian pricing, so both variants might be cheaper should they be made available in the Philippines.
Key features of the Redmi Note 8 Pro include an Helio G90T processor, 64-megapixel ISOCELL GW1 main rear camera, liquid cooling, and 4500mAh battery with 18w quick charging.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (Global) specs
- MediaTek Helio G90T octa-core processor
- Mali-G76 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 6.53-inch Full HD+ IPS display, Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- 64GB/128GB expandable internal storage
- Quad rear cameras: 64-megapixel f/1.8 Samsung ISOCELL GW1 main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel depth-sensor, 2-megapixel macro camera; with LED flash, PDAF
- 20-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, face unlock, USB-C, Liquid cooling
- 4500mAh battery with 18w quick charging
- Android Pie with MIUI