To come with a more familiar processor
Just like the Reno3 Pro has a China version and India version (which is also the global version), the global version of the Reno3 will be different as well. In a post by 91Mobiles, the global Reno3 looks similar to the China Reno3 save for a slightly different quad-rear camera module and dual-LED flash.
Going through the key specs, the global Reno3 will have an Helio P90 processor instead of the Dimensity 1000L found on the China version, indicating that the global version will only have LTE connectivity. Another key difference are the cameras: the global Reno3 gets the insane 44-megapixel selfie snapper found on the India/global Reno3 Pro, and the rear camera has a lower-resolution 48-megapixel main snapper and swaps the macro camera for a 13-megapixel telephoto shooter.
OPPO Reno3 (Global) Specs
- MediaTek Helio P90 Octa-core processor
- IMG PowerVR GM 9446 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 20:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 6, DCI-P3
- 128GB internal storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 13-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera; 2-megapixel f/2.4 mono camera; with PDAF, LED flash,
- 44-megapixel f/2.4 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock, Dolby Atmos
- Android 10 with ColorOS 7
- 4025mAh battery with VOOC 3.0 quick charging
We recently spotted the promo posters for both the Reno3 and Reno3 Pro at Trinoma, indicating that OPPO will be officially launching them soon.