Meet the Samsung Galaxy Zoom
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom looks like the evolution of the much talked about Samsung Galaxy Camera. It doesn’t really look the same as this one looks sleeker but the premise is the same — you have the digital camera at the back and at the front you have a fully functioning Android smartphone with 3G/LTE connectivity.
Here’s a quick rundown of the specifications:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom Spec Sheet
- 1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage, microSD card slot up to 64GB
- 4.3-inch qHD (960×540) Super AMOLED capacitive display
- 256ppi with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 16.0-megapixel auto-focus camera with x10 Optical Zoom, Xenon flash, OIS
- 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, LTE, 3G, HSPA+ Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS/AGPS
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 2,300mAh Battery
Having owned the Samsung Galaxy Camera, we’re hoping that the Galaxy S4 Zoom will have better optics and longer battery life. Based on the spec sheet though the GS4 Zoom should be able to last longer since it only has a dual-processor and a much bigger battery (2,300mAh).
No word yet on pricing or release date.