A brand new Galaxy
Samsung still has a few tricks up its sleeve before this year ends, and has officially launched the latest entry in its Galaxy A series of devices in China. Dubbed the A9, it’s the biggest of the A series of devices – even bigger than the 5.7-inch display toting A8 – sporting a 6-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, a brand new Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 processor and 3GB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy A9 specs
- 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 octa-core processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 6-inch full HD Super AMOLED display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 13-megapixel rear camera with OIS, f/1.9 aperture, flash
- 8-megapixel front with f/1.9 aperture
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, NFC, Fingerprint scanner
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 4000mAh battery
Compared to its older brother the Galaxy A9 gets hit with a slightly smaller 13-megapixel rear camera but comes blessed with a wide f/1.9 aperture along with OIS. On the front, you get an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
The Galaxy A9 also comes with a large 4000mAh battery, fingerprint scanner, quick-charge support and 32GB of expandable storage.
The device is hitting China first, and price has not been determined as of yet.