It feels like an updated S7, and we’re fine with that
Along with Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus, Samsung also announced a third Galaxy variant tonight. The Galaxy S10e is highly unusual in that it’s a third, smaller variant of the S series, packing a more traditional non-curved display and two cameras at the rear instead of three.
The phone looks and feels like an updated Galaxy S7, though it still packs many of the same features that’s on the pricier models. The 5.8-inch, hole punch display uses the same Dynamic Super AMOLED panel as its more expensive brothers. Unfortunately, the Galaxy 10e loses the ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, replaced by a regular fingerprint sensor embedded on the frame of the device.
The phone retains the wireless charging capabilities that allow its siblings to power other devices when the phone has mAh to spare, and the phone is also water resistant.
The phone has two cameras instead of three: a 16-megapixel ultra-wide camera with a 123-degree field of view, and a 12-megapixel 77-degree dual aperture camera for general shooting.
Inside, the Galaxy 10e will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 or Samsung’s Exynos 9820 like its brothers. The main difference here is RAM – the Galaxy 10e will have 6GB of RAM instead of 8GB that’s on its bigger brothers.
The Samsung Galaxy S10e is priced at Php 39,990.
Samsung Galaxy S10e Specs
- Samsung Exynos 9820 octa-core processor
- Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 5.8-inch WQHD Dynamic Super AMOLED Infinity-O display, HDR10+
- 128GB expandable storage, via microSD
- Dual rear cameras: 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.5 and f/2.4 aperture; 16-megapixel ultra-wide camera; with Dual Pixel, Dual OIS, 960FPS Super Slo-Mo video, 4K HDR10+ shooting at 30FPS/4K shooting at 60FPS
- 10-megapixel f/1.9 front camera with dual-pixel autofocus, 4K video recording
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE, WiFi 6
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner, facial recognition, heartbeat sensor, IP68 certification, USB Type-C port, Bixby AI, 3D Emojis
- 3100mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie (One UI)