This is Samsung’s most anorexic smartphone yet
After a number of leaks, Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy A8….in China. Just like the leaks said, the Galaxy A8 is Samsung’s thinnest phone to date, at a mere 5.9mm thick. The Galaxy A8 is part of Samsung’s metal A series of phones and joins the A3, A5 and A7. The A8 slots right above the Galaxy A7, as it brings a bigger 5.7-inch full HD Super AMOLED display to the table.
Samsung Galaxy A8 specs
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 5.7-inch full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB/32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 16-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Fingerprint scanner
- 3050mAh battery
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
Aside from being Samsung’s thinnest smartphone to date, the Galaxy A8 also sports ridiculously thin bezels on its 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display. Just like its higher end brothers, the Galaxy A8 also sports a fingerprint scanner as well, embedded in the home button.
No price has been set for the Galaxy A8, nor any word whether or not it’ll be a China exclusive device.