Samsung’s mid-range A8 doesn’t carry a mid-range price
If you’ve been wondering what Samsung’s thinnest phone, the Galaxy A8 price would be, then you might want to sit down. The company has officially unveiled the price of their thinnest phone to date, and it’s not cheap – according to Chinese website CNMO, Samsung’s thinnest will carry a price of RMB 3,199 for the 16GB version, which translates to roughly Php 23,300, putting it above mid-range territory.
Samsung Galaxy A8 specs
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- 5.7-inch full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB/32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 16-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Fingerprint scanner
- 3050mAh battery
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
While the A8’s specs are considerably better than its siblings (it’s the only phone in the series to have a fingerprint scanner and a 16-megapixel rear camera) its price is a bit hard to swallow, especially considering the processor powering the phone. Hopefully, the price goes down a bit if they ever decide to launch it here.