As a follow-up to last year’s Aquos R3, Sharp launched another dual notch-sporting phone with the Aquos R5G. The brand’s first 5G phone comes with the most powerful internals to date: Snapdragon 865, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, and 256GB UFS 3.0 storage. As for its unique display, Sharp bumped up the size to 6.5-inches and made the bezels smaller compared to the Aquos R3.
As a multimedia device, the Aquos R5G comes with stereo speakers and a quad-rear camera setup comprising of 12-megapixel main and telephoto cameras (both with OIS), a Time-of-Flight sensor, and a 48-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera that shoots 8K video.
Sharp Aquos R5G specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa-core processor
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- 6.5-inch Sharp IGZO Display, 3120 x 1440 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, HDR10
- 256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage, expandable up to 512GB via MicroSD
- Quad rear cameras: 12-megapixel main camera with OIS; 12-megapixel telephoto camera with OIS; 48-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera with 8K video recording; Time of Flight sensor; with Dual LED Flash
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, 4G, LTE, 5G
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, IP68 certification, Dolby Atmos, Stereo speakers
- Android 10
- 3730mAh battery
Sharp has yet released any pricing or availability of the Aquos R5G.