That’s double the refresh rate of the Razer Phone II and ROG Phone II
Sharp announced a new flagship phone in Japan with the Aquos Zero2. This phone deserves attention, as it boasts of a 6.4-inch Full HD+ curved OLED display with an insanely high 240Hz refresh rate. For reference, both Razer Phone II and ROG Phone II come with 120hz panels. We’re not sure if there are benefits to such a high refresh rate on mobile phones, especially with most games capping out at 90FPS. Nonetheless, it is another interesting innovation from Sharp.
As a flagship phone, you get typical flagship internals that includes a Snapdragon 855 processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB UFS 3.0 storage. The phone has a small 3130mAh battery, so we have to see how the 240hz panel will affect its battery life. To round things up, the Aquos Zero2 will run Android 10 out of the box.
Sharp Aquos Zero2 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 6.4-inch Sharp Curved OLED Display, 240Hz refresh rate
- 256GBUFS 3.0 internal storage
- Dual rear cameras: 12-megapixel f/1.7 main camera; 20-megapixel f/2.4 ultra-wide-angle camera; with LED Flash, AI Portrait
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- In-display fingerprint scanner, face unlock, USB-C, IP68 Rating
- Android 10
- 3130mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Aquos Zero2 will be available in Japan on December.