A Xperia Z4 for the rest of the world
When Sony officially unveiled the Xperia Z4 a few months ago, many people were bummed out to learn that the company’s new flagship would be a Japan exclusive for now. Sony made up for that by saying that they would launch a global version of that flagship at the end of the month, and it seems that they’re making good on that promise.
Sony Xperia Z4 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch full HD display, Shatter proof glass, Triluminos display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32/64GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 20.7-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2,930mAh battery
The company is readying two press events in Taiwan and Hong Kong on May 27 and May 28, where the local media are saying that a new, Xperia flagship will be unveiled alongside the Xperia C4 and the Xperia Z4 Tablet. There’s also rumors that it may be rebranded as the Z3+ outside of Japan, which gives us a glimmer of hope that the company will release a true flagship later this year.