Here’s Sony’s newest flagship
After countless leaks, Sony has officially unveiled to the world their newest flagship, the Xperia Z4. Unlike other previous flagships in the series, Sony has opted to go with a sedate announcement without any fanfare, which underlines the company’s new direction in terms of smartphones.
Sony Xperia Z4 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5.2-inch full HD display, Shatter proof glass, Triluminos display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 32/64GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 20.7-megapixel rear camera
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2,930mAh battery
The design of the Xperia Z4 follows the company’s proven OmniBalance design, though Sony has gone and changed a couple of elements in the design. The Z4 is thinner coming in at just 6.9mm and the phone now utilizes a metal frame. The internals have been throughly overhauled, and now sports a Snapdragon 810 processor, paired with 4GB of RAM. The phone still retains its water-resistance despite having an exposed USB port for charging (no more loose flaps to contend with).
No pricing information has been released as of yet for this phone.