The new bosses of the action cam world
Sony has a new pair of powerful action cams for enthusiasts, the 4K-capable FDR-X3000R, and FHD-enabled HDR-AS300R action snappers. These cameras come with Sony’s patented B.O.SS (Balanced Optical SteadyShot) technology, boasting superior image stabilization for the toughest recording conditions. Originally designed for Sony’s premium Handycam range, B.O.SS technology will ensure Sony action cam users steady and smooth video recording, even in 4K and high-speed recording modes.
Here are the key specifications for both action cams:
- Features Balanced Optical SteadyShot (B.O.SS) image stabilization, even in 4K and high-speed recording modes
- Intuitive operation, full control of shooting and on/off power settings with new Live-View Remote in wearable and mountable design
- Waterproof up to 60m with supplied Underwater Housing (MPK-UWH1)
- Able to capture series of high-quality still images for 4K time–lapse movie
- New 1/2.5 type 8.2-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor designed for video with 16:9 aspect ratio and BIONZ X processor enabling full pixel readout without pixel binning
- New ZEISS wide-angle lens with more natural image reproduction and significantly reduced distortion
More features, including technical specifications for the FDR-X3000R and HDR-AS300R can be found at Sony Philippines’ feature site.