Here’s a good indicator of how much the phone will be
We’re still waiting for official word from Sony Philippines just how much their two new mid-range Android smartphones, the Xperia C5 Ultra and the M5 would be when it hits our shores, but impatient Xperia fans will be happy to know that both devices are slowly making their way to this side of the world, complete with prices. In Hong Kong, The C5 Ultra was priced by Sony at just HK$ 3,298, which translates to around 19.5K – today, the Xperia M5 has showed up in Taiwan, alongside an official price.
Sony Xperia M5 specs
- 2.0GHz 64-bit MediaTek Helio X10 octa-core processor
- 3GB of RAM
- 5-inch, full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 16GB of storage, expandable via microSD
- 21.5-megapixel rear camera with hybrid AF, F/2.2 aperture, flash
- 13-megapixel front facing camera
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 2600mAh battery
The M5 has been priced by ePrice, and will go for TWD 12,900, which is equivalent to roughly 18.5K here in the PH. We’re hoping that Sony PH keeps the M5 at under 20K to compete with the offerings of their competitors in the same price range.