Water Resistant LTE Android Smartphone: Sony Xperia V!
During last night’s Video Podcast, Joe Chua, Assistant Product Manager for Postpaid of Smart, gave us a preview of the Sony Xperia V, one of the two LTE-powered Android smartphones that will be available starting December 21. Other than the very competitive specs and LTE connectivity, what makes the Xperia V special is that it is actually water resistant! To prove this to us Joe dunked the phone in water. Boom!
Here’s a video of us playing around with the phone and then fishing it out of the water:
Cool eh? We had fun playing around with this phone, hehe. Here’s a quick rundown of the specifications for your appreciation:
Sony Xperia V Spec Sheet
- Dual-core 1.5GHz Krait Processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon Chip Set)
- Adreno 225 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB Internal Storage, Expandable up to 32GB via microSD Card
- 4.3-inches TFT capacitive touchscreen (16M colors)
- 720×1280 pixels, ~342 ppi pixel density
- Scratch Resistant Glass, Song Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- IP57 certified – dust and water resistant
- Water proof up to 1 meter and 30 minutes
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, WiFi, HSPA+, LTE, 3G, GPS
- 13-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- Camera has geo-tagging, touch focus, smile detection, 3D Sweep Panorama, Image Stabilization
- Can record video 1080p@30fps with continuous autofocus and stabilizer
- VGA Front-Facing Camera
- 1750mAh Battery
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (Upgradeable to Jelly Bean Q1 2013)
The Sony Xperia V is available at zero cash out for Smart’s LTE Plan 1500 and Plan 2000. Click here for more details about the plans.