Sony Xperia Z1 Announced and Made Official
Sony just officially introduced their newest flagship smartphone the Sony Xperia Z1, at IFA in Berlin, Germany. The device boasts of monstrous and extremely high-end specifications including a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor and a potentially game changing 20.7-megapixel camera with a 1/2.3-inch sensor. One of the most impressive things about it though is that they managed to cram a 3,000mAh battery in the slim body of this smartphone (it’s just 8.5mm thick).
Sony Xperia Z1 Spec Sheet
- 2.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor
- 16GB internal storage, with microSD card support for up to 64 GB
- 2GB RAM
- 5.0-inch TFT triluminous display of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 1/2.3-inch 20.7MP Exmor RS CMOS image sensor with 27mm wide angle and bright F2.0 aperture
- 144 x 74 x 8.5mm, 170 grams
- IP55/58 dust and water resistance
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- 3000 mAh battery
- Available in Black, Purple, and White
Sony Xperia Z1 Promotional Video
Hands-on with the Sony Xperia Z1 Coming Thursday
We’re currently here in Malaysia for the regional launch of the Sony Xperia Z1. We’ll be having hands-on time with it tomorrow so expect an initial review sometime in the afternoon or evening.