Not to be confused with the earlier launched Honor V9
Huawei’s next Honor branded flagship, the Honor 9, is rumored for an official introduction in Berlin, Germany, this June 27th. As part of the usual marketing gag, the handset was spotted on TENAA, images and specs in tow. Let’s check this baby out, shall we?
Honor 9 (TENAA/Rumored Specs)
- 2.4GHz HiSilicon Kirin 960 octa-core processor
- ARM Mali-G71 MP8 graphics processor
- 4/6GB RAM
- 5.15-inch Full HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2.5D curved glass
- 64GB expandable storage, up to 128GB via microSD
- Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras, with laser AF, dual-LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM (Hybrid)
- 4G LTE, LTE-A
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C port
- 3100mAh battery, with Huawei SuperCharge
- Android 7.1 (EMUI 5.1)
Looks like the Honor 9 will be shipping with a physical home button, presumably with the fingerprint sensor embedded underneath. The handset still has a 3.5mm audio port too, in case you’re worried Huawei’s going the way of Apple.
No official word yet from Huawei on how much the Honor 9 will be priced at, but it’s probably safe to expect the price range to be below the newer P and Mate series phones.