Is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 835 significant in 2019? For Sharp, they think that the 2017 flagship SoC has relevance, and they even use it on their new Aquos V smartphone.
Even if the Snapdragon 835 is three years old, the 10nm processor can co against most 2019 mid-range processors, so it is a clever decision for Sharp in choosing the said processor.
Paired with 4GB RAM and 64GB of storage, the Aquos V feels like a 2017 flagship phone. It even has a notchless 5.93-inch Full HD+ display with relatively thick top and bottom bezels. Powering it is a 3090mAh battery that is charged via USB-C.
For the cameras, you get a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 13-megapixel main camera with OIS and 13-megapixel monochrome camera. For selfies, you have an 8-megapixel snapper.
Sharp Aquos V specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 5.93-inch Sharp IPS Display, 2160 x 1080 resolution
- 64GB internal storage
- 13-megapixel f/2.0 main camera with OIS and 13-megapixel monochrome rear camera with Dual LED Flash, AI Portrait Beauty
- 8-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, fingerprint scanner, USB Type C
- Android 9 Pie
- 3090mAh battery
The Aquos V is priced at TWD 6,990(~Php 11.7K) and is available in Taiwan.