After launching in China last July 31, Xiaomi is making the Black Shark 2 Pro available in the Southeast Asia region starting in Malaysia. An incremental upgrade to the Black Shark 2 last April, the Black Shark 2 Pro flaunts RGB lighting on its back panel and comes equipped with a Snapdragon 855+ processor paired with 12GB RAM and up to 256GB UFS 3.0 internal storage.
Like its non-Pro sibling, you get a dual rear camera setup consisting of a 48-megapixel main camera and 12-megapixel telephoto camera, a notch-free 6.39-inch AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint scanner, front-facing stereo speakers, and a 4000mAh battery with 27w wired charging.
Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 640 graphics unit
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 34.7ms input latency, motion interpolation, Magic Press, with support for HDR and DCI-P3
- 128GB/256GB of expandable UFS 3.0 storage
- 48-megapixel f/1.75 Sony IMX 586 primary rear camera and 12-megapixel f/2.2 telephoto rear camera with dual-LED flash, PDAF, Dark Light enhancement, Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with beauty mode, 4K recording
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Liquid Cool 3.0, front-facing stereo speakers
- 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie
The Black Shark 2 Pro retails for RM 2499 (~Php 31k) for the 8GB/128GB variant and RM 2999 (~Php 37.2k) for the 12GB/256GB variant. Do note that this is the price in Malaysia—the Black Shark 2 Pro’s pricing in the Philippines may be different.