If you’re looking for a dedicated gaming phone but can’t afford flagship prices, you’re in luck – gaming brand Black Shark is officially arriving in the Philippines, and is bringing their Black Shark 2 Pro along for the ride.
This was confirmed during the phone’s official launch in Malaysia, which kicks off the phone’s arrival in the Southeast Asian Market.
The Black Shark 2 Pro is a refinement of the company’s earlier flagship device, sporting Qualcomm’s updated Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset that was first used on ASUS’ ROG Phone II.
The phone offers 8GB/12GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of storage, along with a liquid cooling system to keep its innards cool, an under-display fingerprint scanner as well as a large, notch-less 6.39-inch full HD+ display. Unfortunately, the screen is a regular 60Hz panel compared to the higher refresh rate displays we’ve seen on other phones like the ROG Phone II.
As far as pricing goes, the Black Shark 2 goes for RM 2499 (~Php 31k) for the 8GB/128GB variant and RM 2999 (~Php 37.2k) for the 12GB/256GB variant. We’re still trying to get official local pricing for the phone in the Philippines – we’ll update this story when we hear back.
Black Shark 2 Pro specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 855+ octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 640 graphics unit
- 12GB RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display, 34.7ms input latency, motion interpolation, Magic Press, with support for HDR and DCI-P3
- 128GB/256GB of expandable UFS 3.0 storage
- 48-megapixel f/1.75 primary rear camera and 12-megapixel f/2.2 telephoto rear camera with dual LED flash, PDAF, Dark Light enhancement, Portrait mode
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with beauty mode, 4K recording
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB Type-C port, Liquid Cool 3.0, front-facing stereo speakers
- 4000mAh battery with 27W fast charging
- Android 9.0 Pie