Elephone has just put up a pre-order page for their upcoming Helio X20-powered handset, the Elephone S7. Taking design cues (outright copying) from the Samsung S7, the Elephone S7 is a “bezel-less” midrange phone that boasts an “explosion-proof” shell. Apparently, bezel-less and exploding phones are a thing nowadays? Shrug. Marketing in the 21st century.
There’re a lot of variants for the Elephone S7 so we’ll just compile the choices in one spec sheet.
- MediaTek Helio X20 deca-core processor
- Mali-T880 graphics processor
- 2GB to 4GB RAM
- 5.2-inch or 5.5-inch FHD In-Cell display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 2.5D curved display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 16GB to 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.2 aperture
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.4 aperture
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- Fingerprint scanner, “explosion-proof” build
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 3000mAh battery, quick-charge
As for the “explosion-proof” claim, here’s Android Authority for the technicals:
There’s an “explosion-proof membrane” inside the S7 to protect you from a battery that Elephone assures us is completely tested against explosions, all wrapped up in a tough outer “explosion-proof TPU shell”. That’s a lot of explosion proofing for a battery that’s apparently guaranteed not to explode, but as they say, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
The 5.5-inch, gold-colored Elephone S7 with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage variant will set you back $139.99 (~Php 7K), while the model with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage will cost you $199.99 (~Php 10K). Hey, these are actually priced decently for what you’re getting.
Elephone’s pre-order page accepts international orders if you’re itching to get the S7 in a few weeks when it starts shipping. Alternatively, you can just wait and pray that Lazada stocks this handset series for their Elephone line-up, and at a competitive price too.