No need for any fancy attachments to enjoy 5G
Samsung’s Galaxy S10 launch came with a few surprises on board. One of them is the rumored fourth Galaxy S10 variant, which turns out to be a Galaxy S10 equipped with 5G capabilities. This makes it the first phone officially launched with 5G—the Motorola Moto Z3 Play is not counted, as its support for 5G is dependent on a proprietary MotoMods attachment.
The Galaxy S10 5G comes with a bigger 6.7-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic Super AMOLED Display and a 5G that supports both mmWave and sub-6GHz networks. There’s also support for WiFi 6 for faster connectivity speeds.
Powering it is a Snapdragon 855/Exynos 9820 processor paired with 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. Unlike its other siblings, the Galaxy S10 5G does not have a MicroSD card slot.
Both front and rear cameras of the Galaxy S10 5G have a Time of Flight (ToF) module that enables Video Live focus and capturing 3D images. Powering the Galaxy S10 5G is a 4500mAh battery with 25W Super Fast Charging, along with support for USB-PD 3.0, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0 and Wireless PowerShare.
Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Specs
- Samsung Exynos 9820 octa-core processor
- Mali-G76 MP12 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 6.7-inch WQHD Dynamic Super AMOLED Infinity-O display, 3040 x 1440 resolution, dual curved edge, HDR10+
- 256GB internal storage
- Quadruple rear cameras: 12-megapixel primary camera with f/1.5 and f/2.4 aperture; 12-megapixel telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture and 2x optical zoom; 16-megapixel ultra-wide camera; Time of Flight (ToF) camera; with Dual Pixel, Dual OIS, 960FPS Super Slo-Mo video, 4K HDR10+ shooting at 30FPS/4K shooting at 60FPS
- Triple front cameras: 10-megapixel f/1.9 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 wide-angle camera; Time of Flight (ToF) camera; dual-pixel autofocus, 4K video recording
- 3G, LTE, WiFi 6
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint scanner, facial recognition, heartbeat sensor, IP68 certification, USB Type-C port, Bixby AI, 3D Emojis
- 4500mAh battery with 25W fast charging and wireless charging
- Android 9.0 Pie (One UI)
The 5G-enabled Galaxy S10+ will be available this spring in the US.