You can barely see the front camera’s placement
Samsung made sure to beat Huawei in the race for the first phone with a punch hole display: While Huawei has teased their punch hole display offerings with the Nova 4 and Honor View 20, Samsung has made their own offering—the Galaxy A8s—official in China.
Powered by a Snapdragon 710 processor paired with 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage, the Galaxy A8s’ key selling point is its Infinity-O display. The next evolution to notches, the Infinity-O panel uses a 6.7mm wide cutout for the 24-megapixel front camera and is placed at the top left corner of the display.
The Galaxy A8s’ other features do not disappoint either: you are getting a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 24-megapixel f/1.7 main camera, 5-megapixel f/2.2 depth camera, 10-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera. It also comes in gradient color options, and has a 3400mAh battery with support for fast charging via its USB-C port.
Samsung Galaxy A8s specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB of RAM
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ Infinity-O display, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- 128GB of expandable storage (up to 512GB)
- Triple rear cameras: 24-megapixel f/1.7 main camera, 5-megapixel f/2.2 depth camera, 10-megapixel f/2.4 telephoto camera
- 24-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner, USB-C
- 3,400mAh battery with quick charging
- Android Oreo
The Galaxy A8s can be pre-ordered in China starting December 21. No price was given as of press writing.