Part of the answer is to look like a MacBook too.
Seems like everyone’s making their own versions of “MacBook-killer” ultrabooks nowadays. Earlier this month, Microsoft unveiled the Surface Laptop, ready to compete for the highly vied market space. Today, we’ve got Chinese electronics titan Huawei throwing their hat into the ring with their MateBook X, a MacBook-looking laptop sporting equally, if not better, premium specs.
Huawei MateBook X
- Intel 7th Gen. Core i5 or i7 U-Series processor
- Intel HD Graphics 620 GPU
- 4/8GB RAM, LPDDR 3
- 13-inch IPS display, 2160 x 1440 resolution
- 256GB/512GB SSD storage
- Fingerprint sensor, Dolby Atmos surround sound
- Splash-resistant, backlit keyboard
- 2 x USB Type-C ports, AV multiport adapter
- 10-hour battery life
- Windows 10 OS
The MateBook X weighs just 1.05kg and is 12.5mm thick. The laptop will be available in Prestige Gold, Rose Gold and Space Grey hues.
The MateBook X will be priced starting at EUR 1,399 (~Php 78.3K) for the European market. No word yet from Huawei on the laptop’s pricing scheme for other regions.