The cheapest Snapdragon 855-powered phone to date?
Meizu is going for the offensive with the Meizu 16T. With a starting price that translates to around Php 14.5k when converted (pending taxes and duties), the Meizu 16T is the most affordable phone with a Snapdragon 855 processor to date.
Its other key highlights include a notch-free, 6.5-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display with in-display fingerprint scanner, 4500mAh battery with 18w fast wired charging, and triple rear camera setup: 12-Megapixel f/1.9 main camera, 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera, and 5-megapixel depth sensor.
For a sub-Php 15k with one of Qualcomm’s most powerful processor for 2019, the Meizu 16T is an absolute deal that can rival what Xiaomi has to offer.
MEIZU 16T specs
- Snapdragon 855 Octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB/8GB RAM
- 6.5-inch Full HD+ OLED display
- 128GB/256GB internal storage
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- Triple Rear cameras: 12-Megapixel f/1.9 main camera; 8-megapixel f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel depth sensor; LED flash, Super night scene, Portrait Bokeh mode
- 16-Megapixel f/2.2 front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- USB Type-C, In-display fingerprint sensor, stereo speakers, mEngine 3.0 vibration motor, Hyper Gaming mode
- 4500mAh battery with 18W mCharge fast charging
- Android 9 Pie with Flyme 8 OS
CNY 1999(~Php 14.5k) for the 6GB/128GB variant, CNY 2299(~Php 16.6k) for the 8GB/128GB variant, and CNY 2499(~Php 18.1k) for the 8GB/256GB variant. The Meizu 16T is currently available in China, and there’s no word yet if Meizu plans to make it available globally.