More than Just an 18:9 Display?
Two weeks after it was first seen on TENAA, Meizu officially launched its M6s smartphone. While we’ve already confirmed some of its hardware, thanks to the Chinese regulatory body, we now have the complete spec sheet for the device that touts a 5.7-inch display and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. Let’s have a look.
Meizu M6s Specs
- 2.0GHz Exynos 7872 hexacore processor
- 3GB of RAM
- Mali-G71 MP3 GPU
- 5,7-inch HD+ IPS LCD display; 720 x 1440 resolution, 282 ppi
- Up to 64GB of expandable storage (up to 256GB via microSD)
- 4G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus, dual LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging
- Android 7.0 Nougat with FlymeUI 6.2
Aside from the features that were already highlighted, the Meizu M6s comes with a sandblasted metal body and, overall, its rear looks very similar to the iPhone before getting its glass back. The Chinese brand also borrows some hardware from Samsung, as it uses an Exynos 7872 hexacore processor. Meizu also introduces their One Mind engine with this device. It supposedly helps with overall performance and battery efficiency ala the AI found on the Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
The Meizu M6s has been priced at CNY 999 (Php 7,883) for the 32GB variant and CNY 1,199 (Php 9,462) for the one with 64GB of storage. No word on whether or not this device will launch locally.
Check out our other articles for Meizu devices by clicking on the links below: