The disruptive flagship goes outside of China
Following a launch in China a few days back, Xiaomi is officially bringing the Mi 9 globally. Announced at their press conference in MWC 2019, Xiaomi’s latest flagship phone is curvier than its predecessor, and comes with several upgrades like a triple rear camera setup led by a 48-megapixel Sony IMX 486 main camera, holographic spectrum gradient design, sapphire cover for the camera lenses, 20w wireless charging, and a 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The Mi 9’s triple rear camera deserves special recognition, as it scored 107 in DxOMark and currently has the highest score for video with 99.
Xiaomi Mi 9 (Global) specs
- AI-Powered Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 6.39-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display, 18:7.9 aspect ratio, support for DCI-P3, 60000:1 Contrast Ratio, Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- 64GB/128GB of non-expandable storage
- Triple rear camera setup: 48-megapixel f/1.75 Sony IMX586 main camera with 6P lens; 16-megapixel f/2.2 Sony IMX481 ultra-wide-angle camera with 6P lens, 4cm macro mode; 12-megapixel f/2.2 Samsung S5K3M5 telephoto lens with 2X zoom, Dual Pixel and Laser Autofocus, dual-tone flash, AI scene detection, and AI portrait
- 20-megapixel f/2.0 front camera with 1.8um pixels, AI Portrait, AI Beauty
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A
- Dual Frequency GPS, GLONASS
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- In-display Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Reading Mode 2.0, Game Turbo
- 3300mAh battery with 27W Quick Wired Charging and 20W Fast Wireless Charging
- Android Pie with MIUI 10
The Mi 9 is priced at 449 Euros(~Php 26.6k) for the 6GB/64GB variant and 499 Euros(~Php 29.5k) for the 6GB/128GB variant.