Building on the successes of the original LG G6
Launching a full week before its rumored unveiling, the LG G6 Plus is now official in South Korea, bearing a lot of the speculated hardware in earlier leak reports. The LG G6 Plus is almost identical to its predecessor, in looks and internals, except for more RAM and larger storage options.
LG G6 Plus
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 quad-core processor
- Qualcomm Adreno 530 graphics unit
- 6GB of RAM
- 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision IPS display, 2880×1440 resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3-5
- 128GB of expandable storage, via microSD
- Dual 13-megapixel Sony IMX258 rear cameras, f/1.8 & f/2.4 apertures, phase detection AF, OIS, LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, with 4G LTE, LTE-A
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS,
- Fingerprint scanner, Hi-Fi Quad-DAC (Asia), Dolby Vision HDR support, USB Type-C port, IP68 rating
- 3300mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 3.0, Qi wireless charging (Asia)
- Android 7.0 Nougat, with LG UX 6.0
The LG G6 Plus is expected to be priced at $100 more than the original LG G6. Bundled in with a purchase is a pair of B&O Play Headphones. According to LG, the G6 Plus will hit other markets outside South Korea later in the year.
Additionally, new software features such as facial recognition and low power consumption mode will be rolling out to the LG G6 and the LG G6 Plus soon.