Nokia’s first phone under the auspices of HMD Oy, the Nokia 6 was a good phone when we handled it a few weeks ago, but it was hampered by the fact that it was only offered in China. That limited distribution affected how we used the device since we couldn’t put Google Play Services in it, an essential part of the Android experience in the West.
Nokia 6 Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 5.5-inch full HD display, 2.5D glass, 1920 x 1080 resolution
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage expandable storage up to 128GB via microSD
- 16-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, Laser AF, Dual-tone LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM (Hybrid Tray)
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, Fingerprint scanner
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
- Android 7.0 Nougat
Well, that’s about to change – HMD Oy has officially announced that the Nokia 6 will be going global, which means that you’ll finally be able to get Nokia’s first ever Android smartphone without having to worry about rooting or not being able to enjoy Google Play Apps.
To celebrate the occasion, HMD Oy will be releasing a special edition phone with a different finish. The Nokia 6 will be priced at 229 Euros (Php 12K), while the Arc Special Edition will be priced at 299 Euros (Php 15.8K).