OPPO’s A-series get a full makeover
OPPO is rebranding its A-series for the second half of 2019 as a multimedia-centric device starting with the A9 (2020). The new mid-range phone sports quad-rear cameras, dual stereo speakers, and a large 5000mAh battery with USB-C reverse charging—all essentials in making them multimedia-centric devices.
Powering the A9 (2020) is a Snapdragon 665 processor paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. You get a large 6.5-inch HD+ display with a dewdrop notch housing a 16-megapixel camera.
The A9 (2020)’s quad rear camera setup is led by a 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera and is accompanied by an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, 2-megapixel mono camera, and 2-megapixel depth sensor.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor
- 8GB of RAM
- 6.5-inch HD+ display with waterdrop notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 128GB of expandable storage
- Quad rear cameras: 48-megapixel f/1.8 main camera with EIS; 8-megapixel f/2.25 Ultra Wide Angle Lens (119°); 2-megapixel f/2.4 portrait lens; 2-megapixel f/2.4 mono lens; PDAF, LED flash, Ultra Night Mode 2.0
- 16-megapixel f/2.0 front camera
- 3G, LTE
- Dual SIM
- WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS,
- Fingerprint scanner, USB-C, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5000mAh battery, reverse charging
- Android 9.0, ColorOS 6
The A9 (2020) is priced at Php 15,990. It will be available for pre-order via Lazada from September 20-27, where every pre-order comes with a free XSound Bluetooth headset.
Don’t forget to check out our first impressions of the A9 (2020):