LG is the latest brand to shift away from notches and going for the punch hole approach with the Q70. Just like other brands that joined the bandwagon, LG’s solution—which they call a Hole-In-Display—makes use of a smalle hole on the top left portion of the Q70’s 6.4-inch Full HD+ display that is less obtrusive than traditional notches.
The punch hole houses a 16-megapixel camera, and the Q70’s triple rear camera comprises of a 32-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, and a 5-megapixel sensor.
While it sports mid-range internals—Snapdragon 675, 4GB RAM, 64GB expandable storage—the Q70 inherits a few features found on the G8 ThinQ and V50 ThinQ: IP68 rating, MIL-STD-810G certification, Quick Charge 3.0, and 32-bit Quad DAC audio.
LG Q70 Specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- Adreno 612 GPU
- 4GB of RAM
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ FullVision Display
- 64GB of expandable storage
- Dual SIM
- 4G, LTE
- Triple Rear Camera: 32-megapixel f/1.8 main camera; 13-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera; 5-megapixel depth sensor; PDAF, LED Flash, AI Scene Recognition
- 16-megapixel front camera
- WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Fingerprint Scanner, DTS:X, IP68 rating, 32-bit Quad DAC audio, USB-C, MIL-STD-810G certified
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Android 9 Pie
The Q70 is priced at KRW 548,900(~Php 23.7k) and will be available in South Korea. We should know about its global availability come IFA 2019.