It will be a tough budget phone race
Together with the announcement of the Redmi Note 7 in China, the entry-level Redmi 7 was also unveiled as well. The brand’s most affordable offering is powered by a Snapdragon 632 processor, with options for 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM and 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage.
For the display, you get a 6.26-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop notch housing an 8-megapixel camera. Other features include a 4000mAh battery, P2i water repellent coating, and an 18-month warranty (at least in China).
Xiaomi Redmi 7 specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM
- 6.26-inch HD+ display
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage
- 12-megapixel f/2.2 main rear camera, 2-megapixel depth sensor; PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- Fingerprint scanner, face unlock, P2i coating
- 4000mAh battery
- Android Pie with MIUI
The Redmi 7 is priced at CNY 699(~Php 5.5k) for the 2GB/16GB model, CNY 799(~Php 6.3k) for the 3GB/32GB model, and CNY 999(~Php 7.9k) for the 4GB/64GB model.