Now with two rear cameras
Redmi updated its entry-level Redmi 8A with a new variant called the Redmi 8A Dual. As the name speaks for itself, the main upgrade on this phone is the addition of a 2-megapixel depth sensor for better bokeh effects. Aside from the camera upgrade, the Redmi 8A Dual gets an Aura XGrip Design back, which aims to give a better hand grip.
Xiaomi Redmi 8A Dual specs
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB of RAM
- 6.22-inch HD+ resolution display with dot-notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 32GB of expandable internal storage
- Dual rear cameras: 13-megapixel f/1.8 main camera, 2-megapixel f/2.4 depth sensor; with AI, PDAF, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera with portrait mode
- Dual SIM
- 3G, LTE
- WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS
- P2i coating, Aura XGrip Design, AI Face Unlock
- 5000mAh battery with 18w wired charging and reverse charging
The Redmi 8A Dual will be available in India on February 18 for INR 6499(~Php 4.7k) for the 2GB/32GB variant and INR 6999(~Php 5k) for the 3GB/32GB variant.